Serverless Microservices on AWS in 10 Hours
Published byPackt Publishing
The perfect course to implementing cost-effective, and scalable Microservices and APIs using serverless computing on AWS
What it’s about and why it’s important
Microservices are a popular new approach to building maintainable, scalable, cloud-based applications. AWS is the perfect platform for hosting Microservices. Recently, there has been a growing interest in serverless computing due to the increase in developer productivity, built in auto-scaling abilities, and reduced operational costs.In combining both microservices and serverless computing, organizations will benefit from having the servers and capacity planning managed by the cloud provider, making them much easier to deploy and run at scale.
This course is a step-by-step tutorial which is a perfect course to implementing microservices using serverless computing on AWS. Build highly available microservices to power applications of any size and scale. Get to grips with microservices and overcome the limitations and challenges experienced in traditional monolithic deployments. Design a highly available and cost-efficient microservices application using AWS. Create a system where the infrastructure, scalability, and security are managed by AWS. Finally, reduce your support, maintenance, and infrastructure costs.
What will you learn:
- Improve the reusability, composability, and maintainability of code
- Create a highly available serverless microservice data API
- Implement over 15 microservices architecture patterns without needing containers or EC2 instances
- Speed up delivery, flexibility and time to market using serverless microservices
- Add your microservices to a continuous integration & continuous delivery pipeline
- Basic knowledge of programming and AWS is required. Familiarity with DevOps will be beneficial, but not necessary.
Resources: Code downloads and errata:
- Building a Scalable Serverless Microservice REST Data API
- Implementing Serverless Microservices Architecture Patterns
This path navigates across the following products (in sequential order):