Responding to the Ruthless at Work
In This Chapter
• Why some people are abusive at work
• How to handle toxic, troublemaking co-workers
• What to do when your boss is toxic
• How to defend against toxic subordinates
• What to do if you must quit
Work is tough, and difficult people can make it tougher. But toxic people can make it almost unbearable. Most of us spend more waking hours at work than we do with our families or pursuing any other activity. These days, most of us spend less than eight hours a day sleeping and more than eight hours a day working. Imagine how hard it is to be exposed to toxicity for that length of time, day after day.
But if you are reading this chapter, perhaps you don’t have to imagine. If you have a toxic ...