60 Minutes to a Better Daily Scrum
How small changes can lead to big impacts
Standup? Sit down? Daily Scrum? DSU? Many teams have adopted the practice of quick, regular team meetings as a tool to keep themselves on track. However, all too often this daily event becomes a status meeting that becomes painful and something that people dread rather than a key opportunity to improve as a team in regular, short, cycles. You will be given a clear understanding of this Scrum event, how to use it effectively and what to watch out for. A focus will be placed on actionable suggestions, tips and rules that you can begin using right away.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, online course, you’ll understand:
- The five Scrum events
- What characteristics does an effective Daily Scrum have
- Common mistakes to avoid
- Tips for an effective Daily Scrum
- Advanced concepts and techniques for mature Scrum practitioners
And you’ll be able to:
- Explain to peers, management and teams what a Daily Scrum is
- Facilitate an effective Daily Scrum
- Understand how the Daily Scrum works with the rest of the Scrum framework and values
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a member of a Scrum Team
- You work with Scrum Teams
- You want to become a Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Basic understanding of the SCRUM framework would be helpful, but is not required.
- Experience working in teams.
Read The Scrum Guide
- Scrum for Teams (book)
About your instructor
My passion is helping people do work that matters with intention, happiness and impact. Throughout my career I have worked with clients of all sizes, industries and technologies and the common focus I bring to each role is “making people better.” I strive to help those around me improve through mentorship, training, workshops or just grabbing a coffee and lending an ear to their experiences. This focus on continued improvement and servant leadership is why I love what I do each day.
As a Professional Scrum Trainer at Scrum.org I bring my passion for agility to each of my training classes, workshops and conferences in support of the Scrum community at large.
In my spare time I enjoy making things out of wood, metal and other materials. I enjoy reading, spending time with my family and taking care of the animals who call my property home.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Daily Scrum (60 minutes)
- Poll: 5 minutes
- Presentation (Effective Daily Scrums) : 30 Minutes
- Mythbusters Activity - 10 minutes
- Activity Debrief - 7 minutes
- Q&A - 8 minutes