AI for product managers
Fundamentals for building smart products
Every year companies pour billions of dollars of investment into expensive data technologies and data scientists in hopes of gaining a competitive edge with AI. However, for some, the AI roadmap is slow to materialize, primarily because building an AI product is fundamentally different from building a conventional product. To stay competitive in the future of AI, product managers need to know the fundamentals of AI and how to effectively lead an AI product team.
Over three hours, expert Jaekob Chenina walks you through the tools, processes, and knowledge you need to succeed in creating intelligent products. Along the way, you'll explore practical case studies from leading AI companies like Amazon, Google, and Netflix and dive into hands-on ideation exercises that will make your creative juices flow. Topics include UX for AI, leadership for AI, recommendation systems, and digital assistants. Join in to gain a firm foundation in AI and get an expanded view of the product opportunities and development best practices to accelerate your AI roadmap and your career.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- Common use cases for AI products
- How to apply the most useful machine learning tools for AI product development
- Common UX design patterns for successful AI products
And you’ll be able to:
- Perceive high-impact product opportunities to maximize customer satisfaction
- Integrate AI best practices into your technical product development methodology and process
- Structure a successful AI product team
- Create a data-driven mindset and culture in your company for intelligent product development
This training course is for you because...
- You're a product manager or part of a team building AI products.
- You're a part of cutting-edge company that creates smarter and faster products.
- You want to stay competitive in your role as the industry incorporates more AI in its day-to-day life.
- You want to ideate, build, and launch intelligent and efficient products at lower costs.
- You want to accelerate the speed and effectiveness of your existing AI products.
- You're interested in AI but don’t know where to start.
- Understanding of agile product development.
- Experience working as a product manager is a plus.
- Watch Understanding the Basics of Agile (video, 5 minutes)
- Artificial intelligence: AI for Business (live online training course with Alex Castrounis)
- Artificial intelligence: Real-world applications (live online training course with Alex Castrounis)
- Practical AI product development (video, 41 minutes)
- How to scope an AI project (video, 47 minutes)
- Actionable insights in a week: User research for everyone (live online training course with C. Todd Lombardo and Aras Bilgen)
About your instructor
Jaekob Chenina is a Principal Product Manager for Strategy and Artificial Intelligence at Oracle in Silicon Valley. Prior to Oracle, Jaekob was at Adobe Sensei, where he led an AI development team to build conversational assistants, recommendation systems, and analytics tools. His past experience also includes working as head of product at an AI & Analytics startup and leading quantitative data science at a NYC based private hedge fund predicting stock prices and market trends. Jaekob is also an adjunct professor at BYU’s MBA Marriott School of Business where teaches and mentors MBA students on product management, product strategy, and growth. Jaekob has also consulted and provided custom training workshops to over 30 companies including startups and Fortune 500 enterprises.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Create a digital assistant (60 minutes)
- Demonstration of how to create a chatbot in minutes!
- Exercise: Create your own digital assistant and test it!
- Principles of good virtual assistant design
Create a recommendation system (60 minutes)
- Common & high-impact AI use cases across industries and verticals
- Demonstration how to create a recommendation system within minutes
- Exercise: Create a recommendation system
- UX for recommendation systems
Accelerating AI (60 minutes)
- More high-impact AI use cases that will blow you away
- The 5 biggest blockers that slow down AI product development
- Analytics and leadership for rapid AI
- The AI PM’s tool box
- Exercise: AI Ideation - generate 8+ AI opportunity ideas for your business/product in less than 15 minutes