AI for product managers
Fundamentals for building smart products
To stay competitive in AI and effectively lead an AI product team, understanding the fundamentals is table stakes. And AI doesn’t only benefit data scientists and engineers. No matter your role, AI will help you identify high-impact AI opportunities, influence strategy, and drive business value.
Learn the basics of AI with expert Jaekob Chenina. Jaekob will demystify AI with practical, hands-on use cases as he walks you through creating a machine learning (ML) predictive model to predict customer purchase behavior. You’ll also design and build recommendation systems and learn best practices to lead an AI development team. Join in to gain an expanded view of AI product opportunities and AI development best practices and accelerate your AI road map—and your career.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- The fundamentals of AI and ML
- How to build common AI use cases like predictive models and recommendation systems
- Best practices for leading an AI development team (comprised of data scientists, data engineers, data analysts, ML engineers, etc.)
And you’ll be able to:
- Perceive high-impact product opportunities to maximize customer satisfaction
- Form a compelling AI strategy
- Structure a successful AI product team
- Create a data-driven mind-set and culture in your company for intelligent product development
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a product manager or part of a team building AI products, and you want to stay competitive as the industry incorporates more AI in its day-to-day life.
- You’re part of a company that creates smarter and faster products.
- You want to ideate, build, and launch intelligent and efficient products at lower costs.
- You want to accelerate the speed and effectiveness of your existing AI products.
- You don’t know where to start with AI.
- A basic understanding of Agile product development
- Experience as a product manager (useful but not required)
- Take Artificial Intelligence: AI for Business (live online training course with Alex Castrounis)
- Take Artificial Intelligence: Real-World Applications (live online training course with Alex Castrounis)
- Watch Practical AI Product Development (video, 41m 19s)
- Watch How to Scope an AI Project (video, 47m 12s)
About your instructor
Jaekob Chenina is a principal product manager for strategy and artificial intelligence at Oracle. Previously, he led an AI development team building conversational assistants, recommendation systems, and analytics tools at Adobe Sensei; was head of product at an AI and analytics startup; and was a leading quantitative data science at an NYC-based private hedge fund predicting stock prices and market trends. Jaekob is also an adjunct professor at BYU’s Marriott School of Business, where he teaches and mentors students on product management, product strategy, and growth. Jaekob has consulted and provided custom training workshops to over 30 companies, including startups and Fortune 500 enterprises.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Fundamentals of AI (60 minutes)
- Lecture: AI use cases across industries and verticals; the AI toolbox—search versus prediction; input/output machine learning models; feature engineering
- Hands-on exercise: Build a lifetime value (LTV) predictor from scratch even if you’re not a coder
Break (10 minutes)
Create a recommendation system (60 minutes)
- Lecture: Common and high-impact AI use cases across industries and verticals; how to create a recommendation system within minutes
- Hands-on exercise: Create a recommendation system
Break (10 minutes)
Accelerating AI (40 minutes)
- Lecture: The five key roles of the AI development team; the six biggest blockers to rapid AI development; best practices to build AI better and faster