AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam Prep
Welcome to the AWS Cloud Practitioner course.
Are you a business professional, accountant, salesperson, or some other type of non-technical person who works in the tech industry? Have you always wanted to know what cloud computing is, how it works, and what it's used for — without all the technical jargon? If you answered YES, then the AWS Cloud Practitioner course and exam are perfect for you.
As the cloud computing industry continues to grow, understanding its concepts, purpose, and use cases will become an increasingly valuable skill among non-IT individuals and employees. With that in mind, AWS created an exam that covers the very basics of their cloud computing platform and tests you on basic AWS services, benefits, concepts, and use cases — all without having to know detailed technical terms, concepts, and know-how.
For those who want to learn these basics, this course has been designed with two main objectives in mind: (1) prepare you to pass the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam, and (2) learn the foundations of cloud computing and AWS, including its primary services, benefits, and use cases.
This course is NOT designed to teach you how to build and run applications on AWS. This course is all about conceptual understanding, but you will have the opportunity to get some hands-on practice to help reinforce what you will learn. If you are looking for an introduction to AWS from a hands-on/cloud engineering perspective, please see our AWS Essentials course.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, online course, you’ll understand:
- AWS infrastructure, networking, and security services
- AWS well architected best practices
And you’ll be able to:
- Partake in business discussions on infrastructure deployments in AWS
- Identify AWS core services and their purpose
This training course is for you because...
- You are currently working in roles such as sales, legal, marketing, business analysts, project manager, or other IT-related professional.
- You’re involved with key decision making which involves the use of Amazon Web Services.
- You need to make well informed and intelligent decisions and be involved with technical decisions.
- A basic understanding of business IT needs
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with traditional IT operations
- Overview of Amazon Web Services whitepaper, December 2018 (Pages 2-8)
- Watch AWS Web Services AWS: AWS Fundamentals (Live Lessons)
- Watch AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Complete Video Course
- Read AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) Cert Guide, First Edition (book)
About your instructor
Richard Augenti is an entrepreneur and a professional AWS cloud DevOps engineer. He founded Phoenix Rising Solutions to train students on new and emerging technologies pertaining to cloud and other advanced technologies. Previously, he worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies, including two of the top ten cloud-managed service providers. Richard is also an experienced elearning instructor and training consultant, who’s had the opportunity to work for companies like Cloud Academy and Linux Academy, along with doing onsite consulting engagements for large corporate clientele. Richard has 25 years of IT and cloud experience, which he integrates into his training materials with the goal of assisting students with becoming prepared for real world technical roles.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Cloud Practitioner Certification Introduction (15 mins)
- Presentation: Overview & Exam Preparation Resources
- Discussion: What is your reason behind getting certified?
- Presentation: Taking the Exam & Documentation and Study Material
Cloud Concepts (30 minutes)
- Presentation: Define the AWS Cloud and its value proposition and aspects of AWS Cloud economics.
- Discussion: Discussion on the value proposition of cloud vs traditional infrastructure
- Presentation: List the different cloud architecture design principles
- Break (5 mins)
AWS Security (45 minutes)
- Presentation: Define the AWS Shared Responsibility model and other key security concepts and services.
Technology (45 minutes)
- Presentation: Define methods of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud and Identify resources for technology support
- Break (5 mins)
Billing and Pricing (45 minutes)
- Presentation: Compare and contrast the various pricing models for AWS and recognize the various account structures in relation to AWS billing and pricing
- Presentation: Identify resources available for billing support