Azure Certified DevOps Engineer Crash Course
Prepare for Microsoft Certification Exam AZ-400
In this online course, Microsoft MVP Mike Pfeiffer walks you through what to expect on the AZ-400 Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert exam. This Azure certification will validate your Azure skills that combine people, process, and technologies to continuously deliver value to end-user needs and business objectives.
Even if you’re not interested in certification, you will learn how DevOps professionals working in the Azure cloud streamline the delivery of applications and infrastructure. Walk away with a game plan on how to study for your exam, but also implement strategies for application and infrastructure code that allow for continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous delivery, and continuous monitoring and feedback.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, online course, you’ll understand:
- How the Azure role-based certifications work
- What topics are most likely to appear on the AZ-400 certification exam
- How to do the work of the Microsoft DevOps Engineer
And you’ll be able to:
- Complete your studies to prepare for the AZ-400 certification exam
- Work towards Azure certification to prove your skills and increase your professional credibility
- Use the Azure portal and Azure PowerShell to deploy and manage resources in Azure
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a developer, systems administrator, technology architect, or DevOps who needs to understand the fundamental practices used for building and releasing software in the Azure cloud.
- You work with traditional on-premises IT infrastructure or other cloud platforms and need to pick up skills with Azure.
- You need to build and release applications in the Azure cloud.
- Experience with general networking concepts, systems administration, and familiarity with Windows or Linux
- An understanding of the principles and benefits of cloud computing
- A basic understanding of Agile practices
- A basic understanding of Azure Administration and Development
- Existing Azure subscription to perform hands-on exercises, if desired
- Should you need a refresher on any Azure fundamentals, watch the relevant sections of Microsoft AZ-900 Certification Course: Azure Fundamentals (video course)
- Read The Phoenix Project (book)
About your instructor
Mike Pfeiffer is a twenty-year tech industry veteran who’s worked for some of the largest technology companies in the world including Microsoft and Amazon Web Services (AWS). He’s the founder and Chief Technologist at CloudSkills.io, a cloud consulting and training firm. Mike is a published author, international conference speaker, Microsoft Azure MVP, and host of the CloudSkills.fm podcast.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
DevOps Foundations (50 minutes)
- DevOps Overview
- DevOps Culture and Practices
- Agile Work Management Approach
- Tools Integration and Quality Strategy
- Group Discussion: How to prepare for DevOps process questions on your exam
- Hands-on Exercise: Agile Planning with Azure Boards
- Break (5 minutes)
Continuous Integration (50 minutes)
- Version Control Strategy
- Git, GitHub, and Azure Repos
- Build Pipeline Fundamentals
- Code Flow Strategy
- App Configuration and Secrets
- Group Discussion: How to prepare for continuous integration questions on your exam
- Hands-on Exercise: Creating a Basic Build Pipeline from a Template
- Break (5 minutes)
Continuous Delivery (50 minutes)
- Design a Release Strategy
- Set up a Release Management Workflow
- Configure Multi-Stage Releases
- Blue-Green, Canary, and Progressive Exposure Deployments
- Group Discussion: How to prepare for continuous delivery questions on your exam
- Hands-on Exercise: Build a Basic Release Pipeline
- Break (5 minutes)
Exam AZ-400 Strategy (50 minutes)
- Mastering the Content
- Mastering the Hands-on Skills
- Mastering Computer-based Testing
- What to Expect from the Exam
- Group Discussion: How to get hands-on practice to prepare for your exam