Azure Certified Security Engineer Crash Course
Prepare for Microsoft Certification Exam AZ-500
In this online course, Microsoft MVP Mike Pfeiffer walks you through what to expect on the Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500) exam. This certification validates your skills in implementing security controls, threat protection, identity and access management, and data protection.
Even if you’re not interested in certification, you will learn how Azure Security Engineers implement Azure identity and access management, platform protection, security operations, and secure data and applications.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, online course, you’ll understand:
- How the Azure role-based certifications work
- What topics are most likely to appear on the AZ-500 certification exam
- How to do the work of the Microsoft Azure Security Engineer
And you’ll be able to:
- Complete your studies to prepare for the AZ-500 certification exam
- Work towards Azure certification to prove your skills and increase your professional credibility
- Use the Azure portal and Azure PowerShell to deploy and manage resources in Azure
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a developer, systems administrator, or technology architect who needs to understand the fundamental practices used for securing resources in the Azure cloud.
- You work with traditional on-premises IT infrastructure or other cloud platforms and need to pick up skills with Azure.
- You need to design and implement security solutions in the Azure cloud.
- Experience with general networking concepts, systems administration, and familiarity with Windows or Linux
- An understanding of the principles and benefits of cloud computing
- A basic familiarity with the Azure platform
- Existing Azure subscription to perform hands-on exercises, if desired
- Should you need a refresher on any Azure fundamentals, watch the relevant sections of Microsoft AZ-900 Certification Course: Azure Fundamentals (video course)
- Watch Microsoft AZ-500 Certification: Azure Security Technologies (video course)
About your instructor
Mike Pfeiffer is a twenty-year tech industry veteran who’s worked for some of the largest technology companies in the world including Microsoft and Amazon Web Services (AWS). He’s the founder and Chief Technologist at CloudSkills.io, a cloud consulting and training firm. Mike is a published author, international conference speaker, Microsoft Azure MVP, and host of the CloudSkills.fm podcast.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Azure Identity and Access Management (50 minutes)
- Azure AD Foundations
- Azure AD Identity Protection
- Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- Microsoft Azure Tenant Security
- Group Discussion: How to prepare for identity and access management related questions on your exam
- Hands-on Exercise: Create your first conditional access policy
- Break (5 minutes)
Azure Platform and Data Protection (50 minutes)
- Azure Blob and File Storage
- Azure SQL and Cosmos DB
- Azure Site Recovery Service
- File and Database Migration Services
- Group Discussion: How to prepare for storage and database related questions on your exam
- Hands-on Exercise: Generating a Shared-Access-Signature (SAS) for an Azure Storage Blob
- Break (5 minutes)
Azure Security Operations (50 minutes)
- Network, Host, and Container Security
- Azure Policy and Role-based Access Control
- Azure Security Center and Just in Time VM Access
- Encryption for Data In Transit and at Rest
- Azure KeyVault Implementation
- Group Discussion: How to prepare for security related questions on your exam
- Hands-on Exercise: Assign an Azure RBAC Policy Assignment
- Break (5 minutes)
AZ-500 Exam Strategy (50 minutes)
- Mastering the Content
- Mastering the Hands-on Skills
- Mastering Computer-based Testing
- What to Expect from the Exam
- Group Discussion: How to get hands-on practice to prepare for your exam