Certified Solutions Architect Prep Course
Prepare for Microsoft Certification Exams AZ-30x
In this online course, Microsoft MVP Mike Pfeiffer walks you through what to expect on the AZ-300, AZ-301, and AZ-302 Microsoft Azure Solution Architect exams. Azure Solutions Architect certification will validate your skills to design and implement solutions using Azure compute, network, storage, and security services.
Even if you’re not interested in certification, you will learn how Cloud Solution Architects working in the Azure cloud implement core services and infrastructure to enable todays modern applications. Walk away with a game plan on how to study for your exam, but also learn how to get started with Azure architecture and how to start implementing cloud native solutions.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, online course, you’ll understand:
- How the Azure role-based certifications work
- What topics are most likely to appear on the AZ-30x certification exams
- How to do the work of the Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
And you’ll be able to:
- Complete your studies to prepare for the AZ-30x certification exams
- Work towards Azure certification to prove your skills and increase your professional credibility
- Use the Azure portal and Azure PowerShell to deploy and manage resources in Azure
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a developer, systems administrator, or technology architect who needs to understand the fundamental practices used for building and releasing software in the Azure cloud.
- You work with traditional on-premises IT infrastructure or other cloud platforms and need to pick up skills with Azure.
- You need to design and implement production solutions in the Azure cloud.
- Experience with general networking concepts, systems administration, and familiarity with Windows or Linux
- An understanding of the principles and benefits of cloud computing
- A basic understanding of the Azure platform
- Existing Azure subscription to perform hands-on exercises, if desired
- Should you need a refresher on any Azure fundamentals, watch the relevant sections of Microsoft AZ-900 Certification Course: Azure Fundamentals (video course)
- Watch Microsoft AZ-300 Certification Course: Azure Architect Technologies (video course)
About your instructor
Mike Pfeiffer is a twenty-year tech industry veteran who’s worked for some of the largest technology companies in the world including Microsoft and Amazon Web Services (AWS). He’s the founder and Chief Technologist at CloudSkills.io, a cloud consulting and training firm. Mike is a published author, international conference speaker, Microsoft Azure MVP, and host of the CloudSkills.fm podcast.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Azure Compute Services (50 minutes)
- Azure Security Controls
- Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure App Service
- Azure Functions
- Group Discussion: How to prepare for compute related questions on your exam
- Hands-on Exercise: Apply Limits to a Resource Group with Azure Policy
- Break (5 minutes)
Azure Storage and Migration Services (50 minutes)
- Azure Blob and File Storage
- Azure SQL and Cosmos DB
- Azure Site Recovery Service
- File and Database Migration Services
- Group Discussion: How to prepare for storage and migration scenarios on your exam
- Hands-on Exercise: Deploy a Static Website to Azure Storage
- Break (5 minutes)
Azure Networking Services (50 minutes)
- Azure Virtual Networks (VNets)
- Azure Load Balancer
- Azure Application Gateway
- Azure Traffic Manager
- Azure Front Door
- Group Discussion: How to prepare for networking related questions on your exam
- Hands-on Exercise: Create an Azure Virtual Network
- Break (5 minutes)
Azure Architecture Exam Strategy (50 min)
- Mastering the Content
- Mastering the Hands-on Skills
- Mastering Computer-based Testing
- What to Expect from the Exam
- Group Discussion: How to get hands-on practice to prepare for your exam