Developing resilience to stress
Learn how to deal with stress quickly and efficiently
If you’re already familiar with identifying and dealing with stress as it occurs, it’s time to develop ongoing resilience to stress in your life so that when stress does occur, its impact is reduced and you’re better prepared and more able to deal with it.
Expert Rick Adams introduces you to four critical aspects to developing personal resilience to stress: self-awareness as to what’s happening and how it’s affecting you, building physical resilience to stress, building emotional resilience to stress, and developing strong social and work-related networks. You’re encouraged to share your own ideas and experiences as you learn how to apply the techniques directly to your life and create a personal plan for increasing resilience to stress.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- What stress is and what causes it
- How stress impacts you physically and emotionally
- Which activities help you develop physical and emotional resilience to stress
- Which activities help you develop stronger relationships
And you’ll be able to:
- Develop an ongoing self-awareness of your emotions and your body so you’re immediately alerted when something needs your attention
- Build a personal plan for developing resilience to stress
- Learn how to carry out that plan to increase your resilience
- Develop the right mind-set toward stress so it becomes more natural and more comfortable to deal with
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a busy professional who wants to better manage your stress.
- You manage a team of busy professionals, and you want to help them manage their stress.
- You want to be happier, healthier, and more productive at work and at home.
- A basic understanding of what stress is, why it occurs, and how to manage it
- Take Managing Stress (live online training course with Rick Adams)
About your instructor
Rick Adams's career has included owning his own SaaS business, helping Cisco to develop its global certification programs, and training many hundreds of pre- and post-sales technology professionals in over 30 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and Far East.
His passion lies in helping others to learn, grow and apply their new knowledge and skills to make a real and measurable difference in the world.
His mission is to help as many professionals as possible to realize their maximum potential through learning and development.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
What is stress and where does it come from? (15 minutes)
- Group discussion: What is stress? Where does stress come from? What are the causes of stress in your life?
- Lecture: What stress is and where it comes from
The physical impact of stress (10 minutes)
- Group discussion: How are you affected physically by stress?
- Lecture: The physical impact of stress
- Hands-on exercise: Explore the physical impact of stress
The emotional impact of stress (10 minutes)
- Group discussion: How are you affected emotionally by stress?
- Lecture: The emotional impact of stress
- Hands-on exercise: Explore the emotional impact of stress
Developing self-awareness (10 minutes)
- Group discussion: What is self-awareness, and how does it help with stress?
- Lecture: Developing self-awareness
Break (10 minutes)
Developing physical resilience to stress (25 minutes)
- Group discussion: How can you become more physically resilient to stress?
- Lecture: Developing physical resilience to stress
- Hands-on exercise: Explore strategies for developing physical resilience to stress
Developing emotional resilience to stress (25 minutes)
- Group discussion: How can you become more emotionally resilient to stress?
- Lecture: Developing emotional resilience to stress
- Hands-on exercise: Explore strategies for developing emotional resilience to stress
Implementing the plan and developing the right mind-set (15 mins)
- Group discussion: How do you stay on track?
- Lecture: Implementing your plan and developing the right mind-set to help stay on track with it