Getting Started with React.js
Learn the basics of the React.js library
Join expert Samer Buna to explore the fundamental concepts and design principles of a React application, such as composition, reactiveness, and abstraction. You’ll learn how to create components, use JSX, work with user events, and read and update component states. You’ll leave feeling confident reading React application code and ready to learn more advanced topics about React.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, online course, you’ll understand:
- React basic concepts, including creating reusable components, JSX, rendering cycles, props and state, events, and data flow
And you’ll be able to:
- Build simple React applications
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a beginner developer working with another frontend framework, and you want to learn how to use React.
- A basic understanding of programming, variables, control structure, and data structures
- A machine with a modern browser (preferably Chrome or Firefox) and Node.js 10.x or higher (check with: node --version) installed—must be able to install npm packages (check with: npm i -g eslint)
- Advanced React.js (live online training course with Samer Buna)
About your instructor
Samer Buna has over 20 years of experience in software development, during which he has worked on web and mobile applications development, API design, functional programming, optimization, system administration, database management, and scalability. Samer is the author of several technical books and online courses on topics such as Node.js, React, and GraphQL. You can follow his latest work over at jsComplete.com and EdgeCoders.com.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Getting started (55 minutes)
- Break (5 minutes)
React fundamentals (55 minutes)
- Lecture and hands-on exercises: React elements; JSX; expression; React components; functional components; class components; props and state; events
- Break (5 minutes)
Working with data (50 minutes)
- Lecture and hands-on exercises: State ownership; updating state; sharing data and behavior; customizing components; handlers
Wrap-up and Q&A (10 minutes)