How to Create Compelling Visuals and 3d content with 3ds Max and V-Ray
For 3d Artists, Architects, Game Designers, Developers, and 3D Visualization Professionals
This unique live training takes viewers through the wonderful step-by-step process of creating compelling visuals and 3d content, consistently, using 3ds Max, V-Ray and Photoshop. Designers, Architects, Developers, Game Designers and 3d Visualization Professionals will come away with a solid understanding of the process involved in creating realistic shaders, textures, lighting, as well as the process involved in detailing, rendering, and post-production.
Furthermore, viewers will learn how to prepare and create 360 VR stereos, export 3d assets, make use of cameras, camera composition, Photomontages, verified views, and more. Learn to render elements and parameters, use HDRI, modifiers, proxies, baked textures, scripts, and vrayclipper. This live training is filled with insider tips and techniques to get you started on your way to photorealistic scene creation.
Over the years "photorealistic" 3d images have become a pivotal tool to help designers, architects, real estate developers, game developers, 3d Visualization professionals, and others sell their ideas to clients and customers. Having worked with Real Estate Developers, Designers, Architects, Game Developers, VR developers and CAD Drafters for over 10 years, Jamie Cardoso offers truly unique insights into the topic area with tips and tricks for developers. Learn how to consistently produce these sought-after "winning" images. In this training, Jamie Cardoso unveils some of the industry's best kept secrets about photorealistic renders.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
The training starts with a broad introduction to 3ds max, V-Ray and toward creating compelling visuals and content. Then viewers learn about the pre-production process and finally post-production to polish the product.
- Find and gather the resources necessary to create visual references.
- Learn the detailed process of creating and finding assets to populate a 3d scene.
- Use visual concepts to create photorealistic compositions in 3ds max/vray with cameras, lighting, shaders, textures and renders.
- Learn how to make use of photomontages, verified views, VR 360 stereos, render elements, baked textures, vrayclipper, vray proxies, attention to detail, best practises, and key parameters.
- Master post-production methodologies to "polish" visuals
Techniques and methodologies provide users with a solid foundation to create "winning visuals" and content.
This training course is for you because...
- You are 3D Visualizer/Illustrator who wants to produce better photorealistic visuals
- You are an Architect who needs to win competitions/design bids
- You are a Concept Designer who needs to sell a product
- You are an Interior Designer who needs to impress your client in presentations
- You are an Agency wanting to wow consumers
- You are a Cad Drafter who needs to sign off a design
- You are a VR developer who can't afford to hire a company/individual who specializes in this area.
- You are a Game developer who wants to detail and export 3d assets
Basic Knowledge of 3ds Max
- 3ds Max 2016 (ideal but not essential)
- V-Ray 3.6 (ideal but not essential)
- Adobe Photoshop (ideal but not essential)
- Project files (provided as part of the training)
- Technical Drawing with Engineering Graphics
- The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC Book: Plus an introduction to the new Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC across desktop, web, and mobile
About your instructor
Jamie Cardoso is an Author, Computer Artist and a Technologist, with years of experience creating state-of-the-art 3d photomontages, Verified Views, VR , Stereos, and Photorealistic Interior/ Exterior Visualizations for Architects and Designers. He’s done over 100 live webinars and is an official Autodesk trainer in these topic areas. Jamie’s work has been featured in books and magazines such as, 3D World, 3D Artist, CG Society, TutsPlus, and 3D Total.
In addition, he has co-authored two successful books entitled: “Realistic Architectural Visualization with 3ds Max and mental ray”, and “3D Photorealistic Rendering: Interiors and Exteriors with V-Ray & 3Ds Max”. In his spare time (whenever that is), Jamie shares knowledge by posting free step-by-step-tutorials on my Blog, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Patreon page.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1: Introduction to V-Ray Parameters (45 min)
- How 3ds Max and V-Ray are unique?
- What can you achieve with 3ds Max and V-Ray?
- Creating Shaders realistically
- Applying Textures realistically
- Baking textures
- Tips & Tricks
Break (5 min)
Segment 2: Creating Photorealistic Lights (45 min)
- Setting up the rendering parameters realistically
- Attention to detail
- HDRI Lighting
- Render Elements
- Rendering Realistically
- 360 VR stereo
- Exporting Files
- Tips & Tricks
Break (5 min)
Segment 3: Post-Production (45 min)
- Importing Pre-Rendered files into a Stack
- Understanding and Creating Groups
- Understanding and Creating Masks
- Understanding and Creating Adjustment layers
- Understanding and Creating Brushes
Q&A (5 min)