Introduction to digital marketing
How to leverage digital marketing to acquire customers and grow your business
Digital marketing—the process of selling or promoting a product or service online—is only half of the equation. The next step is measuring the impact of your marketing and using all of the many data points that you generate to make informed, intelligent decisions.
By its very nature, digital marketing is structured as (and should be treated as) an iterative process. Join Andrew Dumont to learn how to leverage the data from your various marketing campaigns to influence the decisions you make. You’ll discover strategies for digital marketing that will help you determine which channels to invest in, what channels are performing well, what campaigns you should stop, and where you should invest more.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, online course, you’ll understand:
- The digital marketing channels at your disposal
- Available metrics for reviewing and measuring the impact of your marketing efforts across web, mobile, and paid advertising
- The fundamental mindset and process for measuring and improving digital marketing campaigns
And you’ll be able to:
- Evaluate digital marketing channel selection
- Measure the impact of those channels
- How to use that data to influence future decisions
This training course is for you because...
- You’re an experienced marketer who wants to better understand digital marketing measurement.
- You’re an executive who invests or wants to invest in digital marketing.
- You’re a professional in a nonmarketing function who wants to better understand how digital marketing fits in and overlaps with your role.
- Chapter 9 “Analytics” in The Art of Digital Marketing
About your instructor
Andrew Dumont is a serial technologist with a passion for building and growing early-stage companies. Previously, Andrew worked as an Entrepreneur in Residence at Betaworks, a startup studio that has invested in companies like Tumblr, Kickstarter and AirBnB, and has created companies like Bitly, Giphy and Chartbeat. This led him to his most recent role as the Chief Marketing Officer at Bitly, where he served for two years.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Digital Marketing Overview and Strategy (60 minutes)
- The evolution of marketing from traditional marketing to digital
- Discussion: What does the future of digital marketing look like?
- How to create a digital marketing strategy: reviewing the concept of a funnel
- Using the digital marketing funnel to select your marketing channels
- Exercise: Channel selection
Break (5 minutes)
Digital Marketing Measurement (55 minutes)
- Tools for measuring digital marketing performance
- Defining KPIs
- Exercise: Basics of Google Analytics
- Separating mobile vs. web analytics and the impact of each