Spotlight on Innovation: AI Trends with Roger Chen
A first look at O’Reilly AI Conference content, including challenges and progress
Get a sneak peek at the most important and emerging trends that we’ll be discussing at the O’Reilly AI conference in April. Artificial intelligence can be intimidating. There are complex, sticky challenges of data collection and verification, algorithms and bias, and deploying AI services to production, plus ever-expanding ethical concerns. New trends in hardware, algorithms, tools, and data ecosystems are quickly transforming AI into a must-have for today’s organizations. Progress is accelerating, but so are obstacles; a successful, real-world implementation of AI depends on balancing many interdependent concerns.
Join us for this edition of Spotlight on Innovation, to learn about the latest trends shaping the future of AI, the privacy and ethical pitfalls to avoid, and the ways you can put AI to work for your business.
O’Reilly’s Spotlight Series explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour, live interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas, while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions for the future.
In every edition of Spotlight on Innovation, you’ll learn about, discuss, and debate the future. Best of all, you’ll discover what successful companies have in common, and how you can follow their lead with small, practical steps to transform your organization and prepare for the Next Economy.
Looking for more AI content? Attend the AI Conference in New York April 15–18 to get the insights you need to drive results in your business. O’Reilly online learning members receive a 25% discount when they register using promo code SPOTLIGHT.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live show, you’ll better understand:
- Emerging concerns and successes in AI, including the ramifications of ethics and privacy issues
- The latest trends in AI hardware, algorithms, and tools, as well as the data ecosystems powering AI development
This training course is for you because...
- You want to identify the fundamental shifts that are transforming the business landscape and customer needs, and address them early
- You want to learn from other businesses that have successfully transformed and found solutions to customer problems
- Come with your questions for Roger Chen
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
- AI and Analytics in Production (report)
- Data Warehousing in the Age of Artificial Intelligence (report)
- Ethics and Data Science (report)
- Artificial intelligence: AI for Business (live online training course with Alex Castrounis)
- Artificial intelligence: Real-world applications (live online training course with Alex Castrounis)
- Artificial Intelligence for Big Data (live online training course with Fernando Damasio)
About your instructor
Roger Chen is Co-Founder & CEO of Computable and Program Chair for the O’Reilly Artificial Intelligence Conference. Previously, he was a Principal at O'Reilly AlphaTech Ventures (OATV), where he invested in and worked with early-stage startups primarily in the realm of data, machine learning, and robotics. Roger has a deep and hands-on history with technology. Before startups and venture capital, he was an engineer at Oracle, EMC, and Vicor. He also developed novel nanoscale and quantum optics technology as a Ph.D. researcher at UC Berkeley. Roger holds a BS from Boston University and a Ph.D. from UC Berkeley, both in electrical engineering.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET
- Introduction/Presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)